What Only I Can Give

We may be near a turning point from misery unto new misery. I am investigating memory care facilities near our home. The better ones don't take Medicare, which I may need within a few years, given the vertiginous costs involved.

The more quickly Becky moves toward needing more help than we can provide, the more I realize that her most meaningful times are with me, her husband of 33 years. We have a long and deep history, from which I can call upon for laughs and comments. Of course, not all of it is there for Becky. I can also dip into the deep well of sardonic humor we have amassed. But that would mostly disappear if Becky has to leave. She may have kind care, but no one can reach into her memory and illicit humor the way I can. And she is not going to rest in anyone else's arms, either.

These are my troubles, my worried mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is primary, progressive aphasia?

Church with Becky

Wordless